ADVERTISEMENT

HR6 Top 10

It's really nice to see VT back. It did not take long. Poor UT has wondered into the desert and may never get back. My Gamecocks just made it back into the polls.

It does my heart good to see VT and Carolina back where they should be.

Go Cocks, Go Hokies!!!

Some folks on Paul Finebaum show over the past couple of months think SC will beat Georgia. I hope SC wins, I don't like Kirby Smart.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
Some folks on Paul Finebaum show over the past couple of months think SC will beat Georgia. I hope SC wins, I don't like Kirby Smart.

Carolina/Georgia week always keeps me in knots. In the past, it was a good gauge of how we were going to do in the conference.

I get more uptight about Georgia than Clemson.

If your game against FSU is any indication of how the Hokies are going to finish, BRING ON CLEMSON....

I think the current poll has us in the correct slot at number 12. We should stay there through the next 2 games regardless of what happens (... we BETTER NOT lose!).

I think the current poll has us in the correct slot at number 12. We should stay there through the next 2 games regardless of what happens (... we BETTER NOT lose!).
Next 3 games W&M, ECU, @ODU. Puts us in a great position to keep advancing while the 11 teams in front of pick up losses. So we could be top 10 by the time we roll into Duke 4-0. There I expect our next test.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Duke will be toughest opponent probably, but we should beat Blue Devils. Actually we should beat all 11 teams remaining on schedule. Be great if 4 playoff teams were VT, Alabama, Auburn and Clemson.

Duke will be toughest opponent probably, but we should beat Blue Devils. Actually we should beat all 11 teams remaining on schedule. Be great if 4 playoff teams were VT, Alabama, Auburn and Clemson.

Remember when we won the Ohio State game and had an average season after that?The O-line was mediocre against FSU not opening any holes for the running game or giving Jackson any time. It was a great win but we'll never win against Notre Dame or Miami relying on the defense and special teams to win the game.

Hopefully offense will get their act together for ND and Miami.

In my opinion we should not be playing Notre Dame. I don't care how bad or good they are, they don't belong in ACC. Now granted they are not a real ACC member, but ACC sucked up to them and gave them 5 games.

There are more than 9 teams better than ours, right now.
I think 12 is too high
Keep these YOUNG guys grounded, and just win the next one.
I’ve seen this movie a dozen times or more.

There are more than 9 teams better than ours, right now.
I think 12 is too high
Keep these YOUNG guys grounded, and just win the next one.
I’ve seen this movie a dozen times or more.
I'm with you on this one... with the way our next three games line up, I wouldn't be upset moving down a slot or two. As long as we're in the top 15 and as long as FSU wins, I'll be satisfied welcoming the Irish to Worsham Field as the #14 team in the country...

Remember when we won the Ohio State game and had an average season after that?The O-line was mediocre against FSU not opening any holes for the running game or giving Jackson any time. It was a great win but we'll never win against Notre Dame or Miami relying on the defense and special teams to win the game.

Perhaps FSU's defense is really good? Nole fans are constantly beating up Taggert's playcalling and the OL while rarely acknowledging that VT might actually have a strong defense. Turnovers tend to happen more against top defenses.

Reactions: kcwashing1
This weeks Top 10

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Miss. State
6. VT
7. Penn State
8. Auburn
9. WVA
10. UCF