ADVERTISEMENT

I support Frank and Bud forever!

They said the same thing about Charlie Coffey and Jimmy Sharpe way back when.

I just put a flak jacket and Kevlar helmet on...but this is my opinion.

Not many have supported CFB more passionately than I have.
I still support Frank.
I'll shed a tear when he's done.
He's a great man, a great coach and a great rep of VT.

But it's time.

I don't want him forced out; I want him to see that it's time to go to Reynolds Plantation and play golf.
He's earned it.

And it's time.

Think Salemite summed it up perfectly. It's going to be painful during the transition, but it needs to happen.

Neadethal, you are stalking me? yiur a scary person most likely because you have a permanent brain freeze.

If we get to a bowl and get a win out of it we will have FB back for another season. I think that the man wants to retire his way and I think when he is ready he will announce it at the start of a season. I don't expect a news flash no earlier than before the Bristol game. I agree with most on the board that it is time but I just look for a season long ending. That way if we win at Bristol that will go a long way into the season. If we lose at Bristol we will be able to weather the rest of the year knowing that a new beginning is on the way.

Last edited:
If we get to a bowl and get a win out of it we will have FB back for another season. I think that the man wants to retire his way and I think when he is ready he will announce it at the start of a season. I don't expect a news flash no earlier than before the Bristol game. I agree with most on the board that it is time but I just look for a season long ending. That way if we win at Bristol that will go a long way into the season. If we lose at Bristol we will be able to weather the rest of the year knowing that a new beginning is on the way.
He is retiring this season.

Reactions: Salemite
Now that their job is on the line I see a little passing on early downs, and start seeing screen passes on 3rd and long, or a few trick plays? Now VT is playing to win. But all season up until now we're playing not to loose. I like what I see but it may be too little, too late to save jobs. And ain't it very clear when Motley is inn he's gonna run the ball? Jeez, let him throw once to keep 'em honest. Way to predictable. It hurts us rather than helps us.

I love FB but he's like my 94 year old father-in-law who still drives. He ain't going to give up his set of keys, someone is going to have to take them from him.

If it does happen, I hope the transition is done in a respectable manner.

Now that their job is on the line I see a little passing on early downs, and start seeing screen passes on 3rd and long, or a few trick plays? Now VT is playing to win. But all season up until now we're playing not to loose. I like what I see but it may be too little, too late to save jobs. And ain't it very clear when Motley is inn he's gonna run the ball? Jeez, let him throw once to keep 'em honest. Way to predictable. It hurts us rather than helps us.

I love FB but he's like my 94 year old father-in-law who still drives. He ain't going to give up his set of keys, someone is going to have to take them from him.

I agree this must be done while showing the man the respect he deserves.

You take the keys to keep the old guy from killing himself or even more tragic some innocent person. Just like the old guy killing someone, CFB is killing the VT football program. As Jeremy Foley, AD at UF said: "What has to be done eventually should be done immediately".

I agree this must be done while showing the man the respect he deserves.
Ok its time for my meal of crow. I was wrong. I wish FB all the luck in the world. As the song goes,"thanks for the memories". When will I ever learn to listen to vt smitty?

Well now the news is out and he IS retiring. Thanks for a job well-done and with class.

HC Beamer will forever be remembered as building our program and as great HC. He will be remembered as a gentleman and a honorable HC who stepped down graciously. We can celebrate his time and legacy.

I said he would have to be forced out I think behind the curtain he was told this is his last year how it goes down is up to Frank to decide he chose the graceful way out

He is retiring this season.

I'm starting to think you may be right.
But I'm waiting for a definite sign.

vA5evXPactVhC.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT