ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: 2017 ATH At VT's Jr Day***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with a name to watch for 2017, Grimsley (NC) athlete Brelin Faison-Walden. He doesn't have any offers yet, but visited VT for the second time over the weekend for the junior day.

This was his second trip, as he also visited for the Hokies' game against East Carolina last fall with his buddy, 2015 signee Mook Reynolds. As you can tell, I'm sure, there's at least one guy that VT gets every class that seems to know everybody. Mook is that guy for 2015. And Faison-Walden said that's the biggest reason he's hoping to get a Hokies offer.

Faison-Walden is being recruited by assistant coach Charley Wiles. Basically, Wiles and a few other coaches told him they like his film, but want to see him work at camp to see if they wanna offer or not. So expect Faison-Walden at camp this summer. He's a true athlete right now, as he plays inside linebacker, outside linebacker, safety, cornerback, running back and wide receiver for Grimsley, but said he feels like his future is at cornerback.

Again, no offers, but Faison-Walden has received interest from Clemson, East Carolina and Appalachian State. He'll be at ECU's junior day next month. He'll also be at the Rivals Combine in DC in May, so I'll get a better look at him there, too.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Brelin Faison-Walden Profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.