ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Breein Tyree Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with St. Joseph's (NJ) three-star guard Breein Tyree, who has had a VT offer since last summer. Overall, he now has 15 offers. He said he can't keep up with most of them, but the ones he rattled off were USC, Kansas State, Northwestern, Penn State, Iowa State, Creighton, St Joe’s, LaSalle and Virginia Tech.

Tyree said he still receives a lot of letters from the Hokies, but hasn't actually spoken to anyone for a while. He still has interest and said he hopes to get back in touch with them soon. He's spoken to assistants Isaac Chew and Jamie McNeillly, but it's been a few months. So Tyree said he's not sure where he stands.

But even if VT does get back into it, the school they're gonna have to beat out is USC. He told me multiple coaches visited him in school and he appreciates that they flew across the country to see him. Tyree is headed out to Los Angeles for another visit June 20. The school behind the Trojans right now is Kansas State, where he plans on visiting this fall.

I'll see Tyree in a few weeks at the NBAPA Top 100 camp and it sounds like VT will get back in touch soon. But it also sounds like they've moved on to others, especially since Tyree is favoring USC so much.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.