ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Brelin Faison-Walden***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with Grimsley (NC) 2017 athlete Brelin Faison-Walden, one of the newest recruits to receive four stars. Faison-Walden was offered by the Hokies last spring and visited for junior day.

Now, Faison-Walden has offers from East Carolina, Appalachian State, Charlotte and perhaps surprisingly, Alabama. That one is legit, though, as it came in person when he was on an unofficial visit there for the Nov. 21 game against Charleston Southern. The Tide are recruiting Faison-Walden as a safety. Though he played multiple positions again this past fall, most schools are recruiting him as a safety or outside linebacker.

With VT, Faison-Walden said he's yet to speak with new coach Justin Fuente. But he's talked regularly with assistant coach Charley Wiles and the two have stayed in touch with everything. The only other school Faison-Walden said he's heard much from is North Carolina. The Tar Heels have only really been in contact by mail, though.

I get the sense that Faison-Walden isn't hearing much from anyone right now. It's not set, but it's a good bet he'll be at VT's junior day on Feb. 6. Past that, the only thing he has planned for sure is the Army Combine in San Antonio this Friday. This is a kid who when he gets going at camps this spring, should start seeing a lot more offers pop in. I think a lot of schools aren't really sure how he'd fit because he has good size, but in some ways is a 'tweener. He had a solid fall, though and was rewarded with the four stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.