ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Cameron Cloud Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Northwest Guilford (NC) 2019 RB Cameron Cloud. That's right, class of 2019, so he's only a freshman. His father has been giving me regular updates on him since the spring, but I wanted to at least wait until he played his first game of high school football to write anything on him.

But he's noteworthy for two reasons: He was offered by Elon last year and after he camped at Virginia in late June, he got an offer from the Hoos. The other significant thing is that in his first varsity football game last Friday, he ran for just over 100 yards and two touchdowns on 10 carries.

Cloud and his family are very close to freshman CB Mook Reynolds and his family. That's actually how I got in touch with them. Cloud camped at VT July 26 and though he didn't get an offer, I think one will come soon enough. The coaches simply want to see him in at least a few games this season before offering, but he has a chance to be at a Ricky Slade level, with the fast start he's had.

It's still sooooooo early, he's just getting a feel for everything. So far, the two schools that have caught Cloud's attention are VT and Clemson. With the Hokies, he liked the atmosphere and the offense. With the Tigers, it's the family environment and the coaching staff.

This might be the first time you guys have heard of Cloud, but it won't be the last.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.