ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Chris Hunt Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with Bayside (Va.) 2017 two-star safety Chris Hunt. We've got him ranked No. 23 in VA for the 2017 class, but right now, he has just one offer, from Charlotte.

This is a kid to keep an eye on because of the guys Bayside has produced, because his teammate, Phil Patterson, is committed to the Hokies and because Hunt has the potential to be a pretty good player. He visited VT for the first time for the Ohio State game, with Patterson. Hunt said he loved the atmosphere and seeing everything with the game.

As far as an offer, Hunt said he's talked fairly often with assistant coach Zohn Burden. And Hunt said Burden told him that he likes him a lot, more as a receiver than DB. Burden also told him he liked his size. Hunt said that the feeling is mutual, that he likes the hokies a lot.

The only other visit Hunt has made this season was to Virginia two weeks ago for the Notre Dame. Hunt called that game "one of the best games I've seen in my entire life." He also likes how Trey Nicholson and Quin Blanding have gone there and what they've done.

Hunt said he'll likely visit Norfolk State this weekend, but the only other places he's been are North Carolina and Duke. Early for sure, granted that he has just one offer, but VT and UVA are with each other at the top. He's got friends on both sides talking to him, including Patterson for the Hokies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.