ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: CJ Freeman Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke for a while earlier with Northern Guilford (NC) RB CJ Freeman, who visited VT for junior day last weekend. I've seen him multiple times, in camps and games and have probably lobbied harder for him than anyone else to our analysts to get a fourth star. He's close.

Freeman still has two offers, from VT and South Carolina. He said he believes his next offer will probably come from Auburn, though he's gotten a ton of interest lately from Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Duke.

Freeman said his Hokies visit was "probably my best visit so far and one of my favorites." He said he loved getting to talk to all the coaches and especially hanging out all weekend with his former teammate, Mook Reynolds. Those guys are like brothers. They're very close and I think that might be the biggest factor right now that VT has working for it here. Freeman said he also spoke for a while with coach Frank Beamer in his office towards the end of the junior day and that made a good impression as well. VT was Freeman's first offer though and he's probably seen the Hokies more than anyone.

The other big thing with Freeman is he's coming off an injury in the state title game in mid-December. Freeman ran for 55 yards on five carries and a touchdown before feeling multiple 'pops' in his foot early in the second quarter. He said an MRI revealed two torn ligaments. Freeman is still in a walking boot, but gets that off in three weeks and is hoping to be on track to participate in the Rivals camp April 13 in Charlotte. But that's not a definite.

I get the feeling Freeman wants to see what other offers might come since he thinks he's close, but I do think he's a Hokies lean for sure. We'll just see who else comes in the picture.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription[/B]

CJ Freeman profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.