ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Commit Schedules Official***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke last night and again this morning with Wise (Md.) three-star cornerback Myles Wolfolk. He's been committed to VT since December of last season.

This week has been a busy one for Wolkfolk, who picked up offers from Maryland, North Carolina and Wisconsin after coach Frank Beamer's retirement announcement. Wolfolk said he was very surprised to hear the news. He said he knew it was coming, but not this soon. "It hit me in the face, really," Wolfolk said.

Wolfolk said for him, a lot depends on what happens with the assistant coaches, especially Torrian Gray, who recruited him and defensive coordinator Bud Foster. So for now, Wolfolk said he's committed, but because he plans to graduate from high school next month and enroll in college in January, he doesn't have a lot of time left to see other schools. He's taken zero visits to other schools since he committed.

Wolfolk told me this morning that he set up an official visit to North Carolina for this weekend. He said he'll be setting up more and won't be breaking his commitment, if he does, until the Hokies hire their new coach. When that happens, Wolfolk will also be taking an official to VT to hang out and get to know the new staff, so he can make a final decision.

Of the commits, Wolfolk has probably been the most sought after this week, along with Troy Pride. But unlike Pride, Wolfolk genuinely wants to stay at VT. Wolfolk cited the distance from home, that he loves the campus and every other aspect, he just wants to see what the coaching situation is before he decides for certain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.