ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Corey Bolds Latest With VT***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I caught up earlier with Paramus Catholic (NJ) 2017 DT Corey Bolds, whom VT offered last week. Bolds isn't ranked yet, but will likely be a four-star kid when those rankings are released and is up to seven offers.

This spring, Bolds visited VT, Ohio State and Michigan. He went to VT the weekend after signing day in February for junior day and was in the convoy that included five-star DT Rashan Gary and other teammates. That's been the lone time Bolds has been to Blacksburg.

On that trip, Bolds said he caught up with and roomed with his former teammate, Billy Ray Mitchell, who redshirted this past fall for the Hokies. Bolds said he also walked around campus and got one-on-one time with assistant coach Charley Wiles.

Bolds said he hasn't spoken to Wiles since, but keeps up with assistant coach Cornell Brown at least once a week. He called Brown "really cool" and said because of their relationship, he was more expecting the offer than surprised by it.

It's still very early but the one school Bolds seemed to be big on was Rutgers, where he visited last week. Bolds said he likes the proximity, the family atmosphere and that "I don’t have to go far to play big-time football." But unlike a lot of Jersey guys, he's only been there a couple of times. Coming up this summer, Bolds said he hopes to see Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU and Clemson. This one's just really getting started as far as recruiting, so for VT to get him down and stay in contact, that's a very good thing. No cutdowns or anything in sight.

And I'll be honest, I didn't realize Justin Rowland from the KY Rivals site talked to him before I did and posted the story after Bolds and I talked. But I don't get a sense that Kentucky is any real factor at all right now.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.