ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Corey Sutton On VT, Others***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Hough (NC) three-star WR Corey Sutton, Rivals.com's No. 36 player in NC. He visited VT over the weekend, his first trip to Blacksburg.

Right now, Sutton has four offers, from Colorado State, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern and James Madison. The latter came while on a visit there on Friday. He'd spent the first half of the day at Virginia, before going over to JMU. And you guys will like that Sutton said that "UVA was a good visit, but it's a little bit less than Virginia Tech."

Sutton said he loved the VT visit and seeing the Hokies' scrimmage on Saturday. He spoke a lot with assistant coaches Shane Beamer and Zohn Burden. Both told him they basically likes his size, speed and physicalness and will be watching him a lot more. But for now, Sutton is a wait and see with the other targets before he gets a Hokies offer.

Sutton is close with Mook Reynolds, whom he played seven-on-seven with and Adonis Alexander, who's also from Charlotte. I watched Sutton and Mook at the DMV Elite 7v7 tournament last spring. That was actually my first look at him. But he's added a lot more even since that point. But Mook is a big reason why Sutton is even getting a look, so we'll see how it progresses.

Tomorrow, Sutton is flying out to Colorado State for a few days and then he'll be at Wake Forest Thursday, NC State Saturday, then the Rivals camp on Sunday in Charlotte. Sutton will also be at VT's spring game April 25. Long way to go here, but certainly a kid to watch our for.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Corey Sutton profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.