ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Dajour Dickens Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I talked earlier with 2017 four-star center Dajour Dickens, who's No. 91 in the Rivals150. He played the last two seasons at Bethel (Va.), but is now at Miller School (Va.).

Dickens said he has 15 offers, most recently from Clemson, Texas, VCU and Central Florida. He's been one of Virginia Tech's top targets for quite a while now. And he was on hand for the Hokies' football season-opener against Ohio State. When I asked who is standing out right now, Dickens said VT, Maryland and Creighton. But I get the sense that the Hokies are in good position only for now. When I asked about his visit to VT, Dickens said, "VT’s campus is ok. Im not crazy about it, but it’s ok."

The good thing is that assistant coach Isaac Chew has made a good impression on Dickens. He said Chew is "laid back and chill." But Maryland is the one that really has his attention.

Dickens is visiting the Terps this weekend for midnight madness and is very, very pumped about going. It's his first visit there. He likes the coaches and he went on and on about the jerseys. Dickens said he wants to see the arena, facilities and campus. The other school to keep an eye on is Creighton. That's the outsider right now, but he's listening. So this weekend's visit could go a long way in shaping where Dickens' recruitment goes next. But for right now, VT has a slim lead, followed by Maryland and Creighton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.