ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Devon Hunter Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Indian River (Va.) class of 2017 four-star safety Devon Hunter, No. 26 in the 2017 Rivals100. Hunter just visited VT two weeks ago for the final recruiting camp of the summer, with his mother and his teammate, Rivals250 LB Jaquan Yulee, who's committed to Alabama.

Hunter didn't want to talk about Yulee, but said he loved seeing VT. Hunter told me "It was like coming back home." He also enjoyed talking to assistant coaches Bryan Stinespring, Torrian Gray and Cornell Brown. The Hokies are still recruiting him as an athlete, giving him the opportunity to choose safety or wide receiver. I think he'd rather play safety, though. Hunter hasn't listed any favorites but said of VT, "That’s a school I cant forget about. Just knowing that school is behind my back, they’re always gonna be in my top."

This was just Hunter's second trip to Blacksburg. His first came in June of 2014 for camp, which is when then Hokies offered him. This time, he was just hanging out.

Hunter said the only other visit he made this summer was in late June with Yulee to Alabama. It came after Yulee made his commitment there. Those guys are tight, so the Tide will stay in it for Hunter. Hunter said it was a loose atmosphere there and that he liked touring campus and hanging out with the players.

VT will definitely be in this one until the end. Hunter said he hopes to see NC State, Maryland, Alabama, Auburn and Georgia this fall, but the only planned visit he has is back to VT Sept. 7 for the game against Ohio State. Hunter does plan to see Clemson sometime this month, though nothing has been set.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.