ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Ellis Brooks***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a bit earlier with Benedictine (Va.) four-star LB Ellis Brooks, No. 212 in the 2017 Rivals250. Brooks was on hand at VT last Monday for the Ohio State game. He visited with his parents, his sister and his girlfriend. I've mentioned before, but his sister attended VT.

This was third or fourth game Brooks attended at Lane Stadium (he's not sure exactly how many he went to). Brooks said this game was more exciting than the others he had been to. He loved the atmosphere. He told me the highlight of the game was that he was sitting next to Sam Rogers' mother. When Rogers scored his touchdown, Rogers' mother. Brooks said that "made the day."

Over the past week, Brooks said he's kept up with assistant coach Shane Beamer. They spoke before the game, too. Brooks said Beamer told him the biggest thing was that he wished Michael Brewer hadn't gotten hurt. Brooks said he "was proud of them," though.

Brooks said he hasn't planned any other visits. He told me he's gotten a lot of invitations and will take whatever visits fit into his schedule. The schools Brooks did mention specifically were South Carolina, Clemson and Penn State, as far as who has visited his school. Those are also the first likely schools to get a visit. Absolutely no plans to make any commitments or even any cutdowns.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.