ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Eric Crosby Visit Details***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, as you all probably know by now, Ocean Lakes (Va.) four-star defensive tackle Eric Crosby visited VT this weekend. Crosby is ranked No. 124 in the Rivals250 and has named a top five of VT, Tennessee, Alabama, Clemson and NC State. He's also announced a decision date of April 22, the day before the Hokies' spring game.

First off, Crosby text me a bit yesterday, just to tell me he got to VT. But he's not doing interviews and is laying low for the next few days, because everyone is blowing up his phone right now.

BUT, I've talked to a few Hokies staff sources, who have given me a few details. First off, Crosby got to VT a little after lunch yesterday with his mom. He just left VT in the past hour. And it sounds like the visit went well. Crsoby tweeted this out yesterday:

And it sounds like he had a great time. I'm told he spent a lot of the time hanging out with Ocean Lakes linebacker Tre Hubbard, who also visited with Crosby. Hubbard will be a walk-on this fall and will be visiting the Hokies again for the spring game. I had one of my staff sources tell me about Crosby, "Oh yeah, he had a good night."

At this point, Crosby might be THE top priority for VT, along with his teammate, Rivals100 running back Khalan Laborn. I had another Hokies staff source tell me, "We’re giving it all we’ve got."

The best news from this trip is that the staff believes it has gained some ground. For anyone who has asked me over the past two months, you know I've said that Tennessee has been the favorite. And every time I've checked with my VT staff sources over the past two months, they've told me they thought the same. Today, when I asked, they told me they believe the odds have gone from 60/40 in favor of the Volunteers to 50/50 between Tennessee and the Hokies.

But there's still a ton of uncertainty with this kid from the VT side. I had one staff source tell me, "We’ll see what happens. He's just hard to read." The staff has told me they believe his mom had a great time.

The other thing to keep in mind here is that while April 22 is the day that Crosby has set aside to announce, it likely won't be over then. I've gotten that impression some before and it was reiterated to me today by my VT staff sources. I had a staff source tell me they believe that it's not over even if he chooses the Hokies in less than two weeks. "I still think regardless, he’s gonna be a kid that will be recruited all the way to signing day," one source told me. "He's a kid who will take all five officials."

So while there was likely some ground made up this weekend, which was VERY vital. This one likely isn't over by a long shot. Crosby will continue to be recruited, so don't over read the April 22 recruiting date.

When I hear anything from Crosby himself, you all will be the first to know as always. But in the meantime, I'll be gathering as much intel from those around him and from plenty of other sources.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News