ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Feb. 27 Junior Day Visitors***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I've alluded to it before now, but Virginia Tech will be hosting its second junior day of the year, tomorrow. Not quite the big list as the one on Feb. 6, but this one will be another very important weekend. I've been working to confirm as many names as possible. Here's where we are right now as far as guys to keep an eye on. I'll be updating as I confirm more:

Safety Devon Hunter, Indian River (Va.), four stars, No. 42 in Rivals100, No. 2 in VA, No. 2 safety -- Burden
DT Darnell Ewell, Lake Taylor (Va.), four stars, No. 120 in Rivals250, No. 4 in VA, No. 7 DT -- Burden
LB Dorian Etheridge, Capital (WV), three stars, No. 3 in WV -- Foster
OL Riley Locklear, Spring Valley (WV), three stars, No. 46 OT (NO OFFER) -- Vice
OL Seth Harrell, Grassfield (Va.), three stars, No. 23 OG, No. 15 in VA (NO OFFER) -- Vice/Burden
DE Tommy Christ, Dominion (Va.), three stars, No. 28 in VA (NO OFFER) -- Foster
LB Chase Monroe, Davidson Day (NC), three stars, No. 35 in NC (NO OFFER) -- Scott
WR EJ Jenkins, Chancellor (Va.), two stars (NO OFFER) -- Foster
QB Jason Brown, Chancellor (Va.), (NO OFFER) -- Foster
DT George Brown, Chancellor (Va.), (NO OFFER) -- Foster
DE Raymond Johnson, Sumter (SC), (NO OFFER) -- Wiles

One note here, Garner (NC) three-star DE Matthew Butler had planned to visit, but plays basketball. His team won last night and will be playing in the state playoffs tomorrow.

Mentioned lower in this thread, but Wakefield (NC), three star QB Matt McKay committed to NC State tonight and promptly cancelled his visit this weekend.

I will also say, the list would probably be longer, but Penn State is hosting a HUGE junior day tomorrow. To get an idea of all the VT targets going there and not to the Hokies' junior day, see the list here: https://bwi.n.rivals.com/news/visitor-breakdown-junior-day-2

Florida State is also the other big notable junior day this weekend: https://floridastate.n.rivals.com/news/jr-day-preview-noles-host-huge-big-weekend

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.