ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Grant Holloway Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Grassfield (Va.) four-star WR Grant Holloway, No. 236 in the Rivals250. He's now the Hokies' top receiver target left in the 2016 class and visited VT July 25 for Beamer's BBQ.

For the longest time, Holloway has talked about VT and Tennessee. But he told me that the Vols are now out. And THE reason is because they fired the track coach he loved and had gotten to know really well.

With the Hokies, Holloway said he loved talking to assistant coach Bryan Stinespring, as well as coach Frank Beamer. Holloway said he "Absolutely loved it" from the lounge to the indoor facility, just everything. But the comment that let me know that VT is in excellent position is when he talked about new commit Phil Patterson: "They got a Bayside commit, so if he can do it, I can do it better."

In June, Holloway participated in a track meet in Oregon and visited the Ducks while he was there. The week before the VT visit, he went to Florida and just before VT, he went to Georgia. Those four are his official top four.

Right now, I think the Hokies are in the lead. But the school to watch is Florida. Holloway said that's been his dream school, but the Gators have offered only in track. If they offer in football, they'll immediately vault to the top. The darkhorse here is Oregon. It's far, but he really has always been intrigued by the Ducks.

Holloway said he plans to take an official visit to each school in his top four. He has no set plans, but said he'd like to have a decision by November.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.