ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Grant Holloway Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, as I mentioned before, I was on hand for the Indian River (Va.) at Grassfield (Va.) game Friday night. One reason was to see and talk with four-star WR Grant Holloway, No. 247 in the Rivals250. I was actually getting ready to post the story when Holloway called me to tell me some news.

This past weekend, he officially visited Florida for its game. This has been his dream school and he told me the visit was more for track, since he had a track offer. But before he left yesterday, Holloway got the news that the football team wanted to offer him, too. He said they're not the favorite and this doesn't change anything, but it most certainly does. It looks and sounds like the Gators are the clear favorite here.

The weekend before, Holloway officially visited Georgia and I know the Bulldogs felt very, very good about their chances after that. He told me he liked the visit and had a good time and on Friday, he was pretty high on UGA. But that was before Florida offered.

This weekend, Holloway and his teammate, two-star DE Patrick Jones, will officially visit VT for the Pittsburgh game. Going into the visit, I think the Hokies are right there, but they'll need to dazzle him, with both the football staff and the track staff perhaps more importantly. Holloway told me again tonight that his goal is the 2020 Olympics. That's a HUGE factor in his decision. I do think, by the way, that the Hokies are the clear favorite for Jones.

I'll be posting the full story very shortly, but wanted to give you all a first heads up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.