ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Ian Boyd Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Apex (NC) three-star WR Ian Boyd, just to catch up. Right now, he's maintaining the same three offers he's had for football, from VT, East Carolina and Old Dominion.

The biggest thing with Boyd, though, is he seems determined to want to play basketball instead of football. But everything I'm told from those who have seen him more than I have and from what I've seen on film, is that he's better in football. He does have one basketball offer, from Radford. But other than that, it doesn't sound like he's gotten a ton of interest. He said right now, he would love to play both sports in college.

VT hasn't given Boyd a look in basketball, but really likes him for football. He was at the BC game in November and also was at the Hokies' Feb. 7 junior day. He said he likes the education aspect and how VT is with helping guys with school with tutors. Boyd likes assistant Charley Wiles and said he also liked talking to new assistant Zohn Burden during the junior day.

It sounds like the two schools at the top for football are VT and NC State, but the Wolfpack haven't offered. He was at their junior day last weekend and said he's grown very familiar with them and knows where everything is on campus. Boyd will be at Wake Forest's junior day this weekend.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Ian Boyd profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.