ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Jalin Buie Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Trinity Christian (Fla.) three-star running back Jalin Buie. As you all know, Trinity Christian has been a big target for VT over the past few years, especially since Isaiah Ford signed on in the 2014 class.

Buie has had an offer for a while, but it looks like the Hokies have cooled on him, even more than I realized. Buie said he still talks regularly with Ford, which is why he still has interest. But Buie is still behind three-star CJ Freeman on VT's board. Buie said he's talked a few times with assistant coach Charley Wiles, who has told him the Hokies might not take a running back. For now, though, it appears they will take one. But Buie has work to do to move up the board.

Right now, Buie said the two schools standing out the most are South Florida and South Carolina. Buie said he's spoken to both coaches regularly and the Gamecocks were his first offer.

The other thing with Buie is he's coming off a partially torn left ACL. He played in six games before ending his season to have surgery. Buie told me he's running normally, but still hasn't cut on it yet.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Jalin Buie profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.