ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: JaQuan Bailey Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Raines (Fla.) three-star defensive end JaQuan Bailey. He's basically become the Hokies' top target to finish up the DL, though there is a possibility of one more.

Bailey has been committed to Florida since March and said he's an "easy commit" or soft commitment there. The three schools Bailey said he's looking at are VT, Louisville and Marshall. The Gators are still in the mix, as he visited there July 24 for Friday Night Lights and spoke to the coaches and hung out there.

But to show you how much he likes the Hokies, he said he left that visit early to drive through the night with his coach to get to VT for Beamer's BBQ. That was his first visit to Blacksburg. Bailey said he loves assistant coach Charley Wiles. He likes the family environment with the Hokies, but said he felt like the coaches were all talking to him the hardest while he was on his visit. Bailey told me, "I can see myself going and playing early and I love playing under Coach Wiles."

Louisville got a visit the previous weekend and Bailey said he liked the visit. But he also couldn't remember the name of the defensive line coach. Bailey still said VT and Louisville are at the top with Florida, but that Marshall is very underrated. "I don’t think they get enough respect nationally," he said.

Bailey is trying to set up official visits, likely to those four schools, but said he's also taking an unofficial visit to VT for the Ohio State game. He also said he'd likely go to Florida Sept. 12 for the game against East Carolina. But as good a position as the Hokies are in, Bailey said a decision likely isn't coming until signing day. "To me, signing day is gonna be very interesting," he said.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.