ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Javin DeLaurier Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a bit earlier with St. Anne's-Belfield (Va.) four-star power forward Javin DeLaurier, No. 40 in the 2016 Rivals150. And the big news I can tell you is that DeLaurier plans on releasing a top eight over the next few days, possibly as soon as tonight.

DeLaurier has been one of the Hokies' top targets for months, along with five-star guard Markelle Fultz. But DeLaurier might be the best chance VT has at landing an elite prospect in the 2016 class.

DeLaurier said Louisville and North Carolina are still his most recent offers, both coming in late June, which brought his total to 28. He visited Louisville in late June and went to UNC June 14. DeLaurier really likes both schools and said he likes the tradition and history of both, as well as the rabid fans at both schools.

VT is still squarely in this one. DeLaurier told me "I love what Buzz is trying to do in Blacksburg." He also said they talk frequently and he likes how he would fit in there. DeLaurier said Buzz Williams and assistant Isaac Chew made an in-home with him in April and have been trying to sell him on being a legacy at VT and turning the program around. The last time DeLaurier visited Blacksburg, though, was back in January for the Syracuse game.

DeLaurier wouldn't give anything away on his top eight, but based on this conversation and others, my guess is the list consists of VT, Louisville, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Texas and Princeton. I'm not sure about the last two, which would be large underdogs anyway, but I would guess Vanderbilt and Florida.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.