ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Jimmie Taylor Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
I spoke earlier with Southwest-Onslow (NC) three-star DE Jimmie Taylor Jr. and his dad, Jimmie Sr. Junior just got an offer from VT a few weeks ago, his most recent one.

Taylor said he likes what he's seen from VT so far, with the academics, tradition and history in football. He told me he has a great relationship with assistant coach Charley Wiles and they talk about their future plans and how Wiles sees him as a hand in the dirt type of player. Taylor said he feels like he can be on the field all three downs.

The only school Taylor has been to recently was Michigan. He called it "an outstanding school" and said he loved talking to DJ Durkin and the rest of the staff there. Taylor said he also enjoyed the tour of the school and also talking with coach John Harbaugh. Taylor called him "One of the greatest coaches ever," so he's pretty high on the Wolverines.

Right now, it honestly sounds like Michigan and VT are towards the top, with no favorites right now. Taylor said he's visited NC State, Tennessee and South Carolina, but really didn't mention anything specific about any of those. He plans on visiting the Hokies July 25 for the barbecue and also wants to go to Wisconsin. Taylor's dad also mentioned going to Florida for the Friday Night Lights camp this month, so there's some interest there, too.

Taylor said if all goes well, he'll be committing somewhere at the end of the summer/beginning of the season, so likely early August. I do think Michigan has the edge, but VT can certainly impress on his visit and move up.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.