ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Jimmie Taylor Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with Southwest-Onslow (NC) three-star DE Jimmie Taylor. To give you an idea of how much a priority he's been to keep on board, last night, he had an in-home visit from Justin Fuente, assistant coaches Charley Wiles and Holmon Wiggins and Chuck Cantor, VT's director of player personnel. Cantor has been taking the role of an assistant coach, recruiting-wise while the Hokies are shorthanded.

Taylor told me they all ate Pizza Hut at his house. He said Fuente told him about his past, at Memphis and TCU and how he wants to develop Taylor into a good player and a good man, to prepare him for life after football. Taylor also told me, "He said he's excited to coach me."

Taylor told me he's always been committed firmly to VT, but the Hokies keeping Wiles and defensive coordinator Bud Foster helped a lot. Taylor said, "Of course, Coach Wiles is the reason I wanted to go there." He told me he was skeptical when Frank Beamer announced his retirement but was "ecstatic" when he found out Wiles and Foster would be staying.

Taylor will officially visit Virginia tech this weekend. He still plans to graduate this month and enroll at VT next month for the spring semester.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.