ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Josh Ball Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I didn't get a chance to type this up last night, but I spoke to Stafford Senior (Va.) four-star OL Josh Ball. As I mentioned over the weekend, he's essentially the top OL target for VT in the 2016 class.

Ball is now up to 18 offers. VT offered late last summer, when he really started blowing up. I first saw Ball last May at a VTO camp and I don't believe he had any offers at that point, so it's all come pretty fast.

With VT, Ball has visited about three or four times. He was at the UVA game in November and then back for the Feb. 7 junior day. Ball said he loves "the campus and what they're doing with the football program." He's also good friends with and works out with Hokies Rivals250 DT signee Tim Settle, so that also plays a factor.

And this is one that assistant coach Stacy Searels has personally taken over recruiting for months now. Searels has seen him pretty much every opportunity he's gotten and Ball said they talk on Twitter at least once a week. Ball said Searels has told him he's the number one guy on the board for VT.

I do get the sense that Ball is pretty open with his recruitment. This year, he's visited VT, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, NC State and Penn State, so odds are, he will stay regionally to go to school. He is visiting Clemson and South Carolina during his spring break, which is the first full week of April. He'll also be at the Rivals Camp April 11 in Richmond, right after those visits.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Josh Ball profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.