ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Jovani Haskins Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Bergenfield (NJ) four-star tight end Jovani Haskins. This is the kid who I've said for a while is by far VT's best chance for a player from New Jersey.

Haskins visited Blacksburg July 25 for Beamer's BBQ and said he loved talking with assistant coach Cornell Brown, as well as sophomore tight end Bucky Hodges. Haskins really seems to have taken to Bucky, as he even tweeted photos of the two of them. For one, Bucky plays the same thing that Haskins does in high school and is also exactly what the Hokies would do with Haskins: a TE who also plays some H-back, splits out wide and runs deep patterns as well.

On his VT visit, Haskins said he went with his parents, broke down film and talked with Brown and others about he would fit in the offense. He also said his parents really liked VT.

The only other visit Haskins has made over the last few months was to Rutgers a few weeks ago. He toured campus and the facilities and overall, said he likes the proximity of it to where he lives. Haskins also said he feels like the staff takes care of its players.

Right now, the four schools at the top are VT, Rutgers, West Virginia and Miami. He also plans on taking official visits to all four. But as far as when he decides, he's not sure. I will say, one option that seems to be off the table now is playing with his cousin, Dwayne Haskins. Jovani made no mention of Dwayne or Maryland, for those curious.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.