ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Justin Foster On VT Visit***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Crest (NC) 2017 four-star LB Justin Foster, No. 43 in the 2017 Rivals100 and No. 1 player in North Carolina. He was on hand Monday for the Ohio State game, the first time back since the July 26 VT camp.

Foster said he loved the atmosphere. This was the first game he'd been to at VT and safe to say, the Hokies are in better position now. "Just how the game was, it was pretty loud and pretty great," he said. Foster said he arrived at VT late in the afternoon, a few hours before the game and in time to eat in the dining hall with all the coaches and players. Foster said he did leave in the fourth quarter, to get home at a better time and to avoid some traffic.

In the past few days, Foster said he's touched base with assistant coach Shane Beamer on Twitter. Beamer thanked him for coming and Foster said if Michael Brewer didn't get hurt, the game would have likely been different.

When I talked to Foster at the July 26 camp, he told me the three schools stood out: VT, Tennessee and Clemson. That's still the case. Foster actually visited Clemson Saturday for the game against Wofford. He said the trip was great talked to a lot of the coaches and a number of the players there that he knows. With Tennessee, Foster is actually visiting this weekend for the Oklahoma game. Foster said he likes it there "a lot" but he wants to get a better feel this weekend.

Still pretty early here, but VT sounds to be in great position, getting him on campus twice in about a month and a half. No other visits planned right now, but some time this fall, he wants to visit LSU, Florida and Alabama. Foster said official cuts will be coming after the season.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.