ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Khalan Laborn On VT Visit***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Ocean Lakes (Va.) class of 2017 Rivals100 RB Khalan Laborn, who visited VT this past weekend. He made the trip with fellow 2017 Rivals100 teammate Eric Crosby, who we already reported on, a few other teammates and his coach, Chris Scott, for the Hokies' coaching clinic.

Laborn is at 12 or 13 offers right now (he's not sure which), the most recent coming from Ole Miss a few weeks ago, which also offered Crosby at the same time. I get the sense right now that Laborn is pretty open with everything. He mentioned how Rutgers was the first place he'd visited, a few times, but nothing else really.

With VT, this was Laborn's first visit. He said he loved seeing Blacksburg and the surroundings and even ate pizza at Benny Marzano's downtown. He also liked seeing practice on Saturday morning and touring the campus, too.

The guy he said he spent the most time with was JC Coleman. And when they weren't hanging out, Laborn said he talked and hung out with assistant coach Zohn Burden, who's recruiting him. Crosby said he and Burden are very close, like family and that they talk to each other a lot. Burden wasn't the one recruiting him for Old Dominion, but it sounds like he's made up ground quickly since he's been with the Hokies.

There's absolutely no hurry here with Laborn. He said he will be at VT's spring game April 25 with Crosby and also wants to see Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, Alabama and others this summer. I'll see him at the Rivals Camp April 12, as he told me he'll be at the Charlotte stop, since that just worked out a little better.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Khalan Laborn profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.