ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Khalan Laborn Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke late last night with Ocean Lakes (Va.) four-star RB Khalan Laborn, just hadn't had a chance to post anything until now. Laborn is No. 34 in the 2017 Rivals100, the No. 2 player in Virginia in the class.

Around the first of the month, Laborn told mid-Atlantic analyst Adam Friedman that Florida State and VT were the two standing out most. But I'd say the Seminoles are the clear favorite here. Laborn visited a few weeks ago for the Miami/FSU game and said he loved the visit. He likes the offense, the track record of getting to the NFL from there and the atmosphere.

The Hokies are hanging in a close second, in all honesty, but they are second. Laborn said VT is a good program regardless of record and that "When I was there, I felt like I could be happy there." He still talks regularly with assistant coach Zohn Burden and said nothing has changed, but that's a good thing.

Other schools in the mix here are Alabama, Ohio State and Florida. Laborn plans on visiting Alabama in a few weeks for the LSU game and Ohio State next month for the Michigan State game. No plans to visit VT right now, so the next visit would likely come for junior day in February. The Hokies are squarely in the hunt, but have some ground to make up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.