ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Latest On CJ Freeman***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with three-star RB CJ Freeman from Northern Guilford (NC) in Greensboro. Freeman has long been a big target for VT, which offered him last spring, nearly a year ago. He played with and is good friends with freshman Mook Reynolds.

Freeman has been picking up a lot of interest of late. He got a South Carolina offer last fall, but over the past month or so, has gotten offers from West Virginia, Wake Forest and Washington State.

With VT, Freeman said he still talks with Mook all the time and communicates with the staff regularly on Twitter. The big thing, though, is that last month, Freeman told me that the Hokies were the ones standing out most. Now, Freeman said he's more open, though it sounds like the three catching his eye the most are VT still, along with South Carolina and Auburn. The Tigers are the ones that if they offer, I think will immediately shoot up to the top. The Hokies have long been on him, but he's looking around more.

The only visit Freeman has set right now is next Saturday, March 28, to South Carolina. He plans on getting to each school that has offered him, though no other dates are planned yet.

It's still relatively early with Freeman, though depending on who else offers, my guess is he decides late in the summer. I'll see him next month in Charlotte at the Rivals Camp. But he's still recovering from two torn ligaments in his left foot. Freeman said he feels like he'll be able to compete fine, but isn't sure yet. He'll be there for sure, regardless.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

CJ Freeman profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.