ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Malik Robinson Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with South Gwinnett (Ga.) 2017 LB Malik Robinson. VT offered him yesterday, from assistant coach Stacy Searels. I was incorrect in saying it was Torrian Gray.

Robinson now has five offers, from Auburn, Miami, Iowa and North Carolina, along with the Hokies. But to tell you what he already thinks of VT, he already has a visit planned, next weekend for the Duke game.

Robinson said he's been keeping up with the Hokies for over a month on Twitter. Most of it has come from assistant coach Stacy Searels. Robinson said Searels has sent him motivational messages and graphics that show him at VT. And so far, it's worked.

It's still very early here, but Robinson is a kid who's really starting to take off. The only other visit he's taken this fall was to Auburn for the Mississippi State game Sept. 26. He didn't have a ton surprisingly to say about that visit, other than it being his first college game he'd been to. Robinson also visited Georgia for its spring game in April, but didn't have much to say about that either.

I think it's way too early to think he could commit at VT next weekend. But if things go well, the Hokies could shoot to the top of his list, so definitely keep an eye on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.