ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Marcus Minor Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Dematha (Md.) 2017 four-star offensive tackle Marcus Minor, No. 246 in the Rivals250. Minor and the Stags had a big 38-14 win over Miami Central (Fla.) yesterday, which was broadcast on ESPNU.

If you'll remember, Minor camped at VT June 14, which is when the Hokies offered. Virginia offered last month, joining West Virginia, Temple and East Carolina.

Minor hasn't been heavily promoting himself, so at this stage, NCAA coaches can't reach out to him, per NCAA rules. But Minor said VT still has stuck with him. He told me he really believes assistant coach Stacy Searels can help him and said of Searels, "I think highly of him."

Minor does also like UVA, West Virginia and Temple, but with the Hoos, he said that offer was very surprising and still doesn't know much about them. Minor said he had no contact with UVA prior to that offer.

Minor has no visits planned and admitted it will be tough this fall, since Dematha plays multiple Saturday games and travels nationally. They'll play at American Heritage (Fla.) Saturday. But Minor said he does hope to see VT, UVA, WV and Temple at some point this fall.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.