ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Marlon Character Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Grady (Ga.) four-star safety Marlon Character, who has had VT in his top five for a few months now. Character, No. 195 in the Rivals250, said that's still the case, but he has made one change.

Four of that five are the same, in VT, Georgia, Ole Miss and South Carolina. But he now has Ohio State in that group, instead of Alabama. Character said he just hasn't heard much from the Tide recently and hasn't gotten much in the mail from them.

What's impressive for the Hokies, though, is how much he likes them without ever even visiting. So far, Character has been to South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky and Ole Miss.

The big thing for Character with VT is assistant coach Torrian Gray. Character said the two talk very regularly and Gray always tells him how he could play for the Hokies right now. Character said he also loves Gray's history of putting defensive backs in the NFL. He specifically cited Kam Chancellor and Kyle Fuller, though he said he didn't realize until very recently that Fuller went to VT.

This weekend, Character said he'll be visiting Georgia again, where he's been multiple times. And I do think the Bulldogs are the favorite here. But he told me he'll likely be at VT for the spring game April 25. Character said he was supposed to visit Ohio State on Thursday, but that it won't work out, so that's a good sign. But again, for the Hokies to be as high on his list as they are without him visiting and him seeing three of the other four in his top group, that's a great sign for VT. he's alluded to making a decision soon before, but didn't give any indication of that when he and I talked.

Full
story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't
de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who
don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and
will result in the termination of your subscription.
[/B]

Marlon Character profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.