ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Nick Coe Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Asheboro (NC) four-star defensive end Nick Coe, who was offered by VT last month when he attended the Feb. 8 junior day. Since then, he's been to NC State's junior day and this past weekend, visited Florida State.

Coe said he's still in steady contact with assistant coach Charley Wiles. Coe said Wiles has told him more about the campus and a few points with the graduation rate and other things with campus. And overall, Coe said he really likes the Hokies, both for football and academically.

But the one school that Coe kept alluding to and that is really standing out is Florida State. Coe visited there over the weekend with his high school coach and if the Seminoles offer, I think he'd commit there rather quickly. They haven't yet, though. Coe talked a lot about Jimbo Fisher and just liking a ton about his visit, including the location of all the classes and proximity to other things.

Coe will be at the Rivals camp in a few weeks down in Charlotte, where I'll see him, but it really sounds like it's a wait and see with FSU. If the Noles don't offer, I really like VT's chances. If they do, then the Hokies will have an uphill battle here.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Nick Coe profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.