ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Paris Ford Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke just a little while ago with Seton La Salle (Pa.) four-star safety Paris Ford, No. 33 in the 2017 Rivals100. He's had a VT offer for some time now.

First off, let me break the biggest news. Ford said he has five schools standing out right now: Pittsburgh, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State and VT. With the Hokies, he really likes assistant coach Torrian Gray. Ford said the two of them actually talked earlier tonight. Ford told me multiple times how Gray was a "cool guy."

The thing is, Ford has never visited VT. He cancelled a visit there for Beamer's BBQ in late July and has yet to reschedule. So the key here is that visit. Without it, there's zero chance. Ford had hoped to visit for the Ohio State game Monday, but because it's on a Monday night, he told me he can't make it. Ford still called the Hokies "a sleeper" and said he won't be surprised if they upset Ohio State.

Ford mentioned how many people seem to think Pittsburgh is the favorite. He's born and raised there and literally lives on the other side of the bridge from the university, about a five minute drive, so he's been there a ton. He's also very tight with three-star CB Therran Coleman, who committed last weekend to the Panthers. But Ford said that won't affect his decision. Ford said that was the best move for Coleman, but said, "It doesn’t make an impact on me because we’re two different human beings."

It sounds like a slight leader here is Ohio State. When I asked if there's anything about the five in the lead that stood out to him, he talked about the Buckeyes, how he likes what they're doing and how he knows guys there. He also talked a little on Penn State and how he likes the energy of coach James Franklin.

I will say, two things stand out here. Ford is entertaining the thought of playing both ways in college, at safety and receiver. He also said he doesn't want to get terribly far from home. So to me, that sounds like Notre Dame is on the outskirts of those standouts. Ford talked about somewhere his family can drive to see him. The other four would fit that description. But we'll see. Also interesting that the schools he wants to visit most aren't any of those five listed, but Tennessee, Michigan and Michigan State. So keep an eye on where he visits this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.