ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Pat Bethel Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Vero Beach (Fla.) four-star DE Pat Bethel. He just picked up a VT offer Tuesday, bringing his offer total up to 21.

This one is still very early, as Bethel told me multiple times in our talk. He's only talked a couple of times with assistant coach Charley Wiles, who actually offered him over Twitter. But Bethel said he was "excited" about the offer and that the Hokies have a great team. But other than that, Bethel said he doesn't know a ton right now.

Bethel is a monster on his film. He's definitely a stand-up defensive end, who has a good burst off the ball. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him play linebacker, either.

So far, Bethel said he's been to games at Florida, Florida State and Miami, but no junior days. He hopes to have a set list over the next few days. It sounds like VT has some work to do. He mentioned wanting to see Ohio State, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and the three main Florida schools again. But as always, another case of the Hokies having to get him to visit to have a chance. The good news is that an official might be one of the best cases, since Bethel looks like he's nowhere close to making a decision.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Pat Bethel profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.