ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Robert Beal Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little while ago with Norcross (Ga.) 2017 four-star linebacker Robert Beal, whom VT offered early last month. Beal said he now has 20 offers, with only Pittsburgh offering since the Hokies.

Still early here, as Beal said the only three schools he's visited so far have been Notre Dame, Florida State and Georgia. He told me the latter two stand out a bit now, but "because I've been there." With the Noles and Bulldogs, Beal said he liked the coaches and the academics.

Assistant coach Stacy Searels is the one recruiting Beal for the Hokies and who made the offer. Beal said Searels visited him during the open period, but basically the two have just been introduced, because of NCAA rules. Still, Beal said he is interested.

But VT will have to catch up to FSU and Georgia, especially the latter, right now. Beal is actually visiting Georgia on Wednesday and North Carolina Saturday. He said he's also working on plans to visit Clemson, but that's all for now. The Hokies are trying to get him up to camp this summer, in July and that would give us a much better indication of if VT will be a player here. But again, still early.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.