ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Stephen Spanellis latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Gilman School (Md.) three-star offensive lineman Stephen Spanellis, just to touch base and get the latest on his recruitment.

Spanellis has held a VT offer for a while. He played two years with sophomore-to-be defensive end Melvin Keihn. Spanellis said they've talked quite a bit, but he made a point to say that wouldn't make or break his decision.

Spanellis was recruited pretty hard by former assistant coach Aaron Moorehead. But since then, Spanellis has been recruited by assistant Stacy Searels and now a bit by Zohn Burden. Spanellis said the coaches have simply told him how much they need offensive linemen and want him to visit.

I get the sense that Spanellis might be focused more on academics than anything else. He just picked up an offer from Yale and the only school he's visited this year is Wake Forest, for junior day. Not coincidentally, he said the Demon Deacons are the ones standing out most. Spanellis, who's on spring break right now, said he's visiting Boston College on Thursday.

Spanellis will be a tough one to land for VT, as I get the sense he'd want more Ivy League offers.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Stephen Spanellis profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.