ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Tahj Capehart Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Ocean Lakes (Va.) 2017 three-star WR Tahj Capehart. He's ranked as the No. 13 player in Virginia for the class.

It's been a bust past month or so for Capehart. He camped at Florida State, then visited Tennessee, Ohio State and Virginia Tech. Capehart was in Blacksburg July 25 for Beamer's BBQ. And like JaQuan Bailey, it's important to note that Capehart went out of his way to attend. Capehart was at the Buckeyes' Friday Night Lights Camp on July 24. He and his mother drove through the night to get to VT for the BBQ.

This was Capehart's third visit to Blacksburg. On this trip, he said he spent a lot of time talking to assistant coach Zohn Burden, who also showed him around campus. Capehart said he liked watching Burden workout the receivers. The odd thing was what Capehart said about the new indoor facility. He said he liked it, but: "I thought it would be a little more when I was in there, but I expected it would be like that." Still, it sounds like the Hokies are at or near the top of the list right now. Capehart told me, "That’s the college I talk to the most."

Capehart said he did like the Ohio State visit, even though he cut it a bit short. He enjoyed hanging out with the players and coaches and said, "Everyone wants to go there." Capehart also felt like he had a lot in common with the players he talked to there.

It's still pretty early here, or at least, there's a long way to go. Capehart said he has no visits planned for the fall right now, but hopes to see Tennessee, NC State, North Carolina and Georgia this fall. He's already seen the first three, but seems pretty intrigued by the Bulldogs. Nothing likely to happen here until at least after signing day for the 2016 class in February. But VT in good shape.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.