ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Tino Ellis After VT Jr Day***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Dematha (Md.) four-star WR Tino Ellis, ranked No. 133 in the Rivals250. Ellis is a kid I've been watching and keeping track of for almost three years now. I first saw him at VT's camp in June of 2012 before his freshman year. He's cousins with Donovan Riley and played with Cam Phillips at Dematha.

Ellis has visited VT a lot through the years, for games or camps or just to see Riley, so he's been in the mix for a while. But the big thing is right now, Ellis said that after this past weekend, "VT was my best visit so far, so they're number one." He's already named a top five a few weeks ago with the Hokies, Maryland, Rutgers, West Virginia and Wake Forest.

This past weekend, Ellis said he went with his parents and his uncle and they went 30 minutes early to speak with new WRs coach Zohn Burden. Ellis said he liked Burden a lot and that Burden told him he could be a thousand-yard receiver at VT. But after meeting Burden and talking with coach Frank Beamer, Ellis said he and his family basically spent the day with Phillips. They stayed with the Jr day group for a little bit, but broke off with Phillips after that, walked around campus, ate on campus and hung out in his dorm.

Ellis is busy this week, though still. He'll be at Maryland for a quick visit, to see the Terps play basketball tomorrow against Indiana, then he'll be at Wake Forest's junior day Saturday.He's set a decision date for July 31.

There's plenty of time right now, but VT is in the lead here. It looks like it will for sure come down to VT and MD, so we'll see who can win him over in the end.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Tino Ellis profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.