ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Troy Pride Details***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Greer (SC) three-star CB Troy Pride, who committed to VT Friday night. I was waiting to talk with him and post anything because I didn't want to get caught up in everything with the commit because there's more to it.

First off, Pride said he loves assistant coach Torrian Gray and said him "believing" in him was a big reason for the commit. Since the Hokies offered in late December, Pride said he's stayed in steady contact with Gray. Pride also visited for the Feb. 7 junior day with both his parents, who both loved Gray. While he was on that visit. Pride said, "It was just a good place to be, honestly and I could see myself having fun there for a long time."

But I'll also tell you that this recruitment isn't over. Just yesterday, a day after he committed, Pride was at Georgia's junior day. He did tell me that "I don't see the same connection" there as at VT, but that he did enjoy the visit. Next weekend, he's going to Georgia Tech's junior day. He last visited there for the Jackets' game against Clemson last fall.

Pride said he's committed to the Hokies. But that "honestly, I would be open in some aspects." So essentially, if the right offer could come along, he could flip. He has no other offers and didn't say he was waiting on a specific one. But we'll list him as a soft verbal commit and basically keep an eye on him, since he'll be taking in more visits this spring.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Troy Pride profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.