ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Tyrone Hopper On VT Jr Day***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, for those of you who saw my visitor list from this past weekend, you know one of the bigger names at VT for Saturday's junior day was Roswell (Ga.) three-star LB Tyrone Hopper. He's now the No. 47 outside linebacker in the country and has seen a big spike in his recruitment over the past few weeks.

VT offered Hopper during the first week of February. And when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago, he was very excited about that offer. Since then, though, he's been offered by Tennessee, Louisville and Cincinnati.

This weekend was Hopper's first visit to Blacksburg. Hopper said he enjoyed sitting in the same room and talking personally with assistant coach Torrian Gray, who's been recruiting him, defensive coordinator Bud Foster and coach Frank Beamer. Hopper said they all told him how much they liked and wanted him and how they also wanted him to make another visit this spring and/or summer. He also liked the campus and facilities and everything he saw.

Hopper will be at Tennessee for junior day Saturday and hopes to get to Louisville over the next few weeks as well. He also wants to get to VT again, though no date has been set for that. Hopper said he's "keeping it open" right now, but I still get the sense that if the Hokies aren't the team to beat, they're right there for that top spot with him.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Tyrone Hopper profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.