ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Under Armour All-America Bball Camp***

HHKellyP

New Recruit
Staff
Mar 30, 2015
Hey everyone! Jason and I just finished up day 1 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Here are just a few thoughts on today, and Jason will add to this too.

The combine lasted all afternoon as the players slowly rolled in. They were mainly measured, photographed, and interviewed today. They ran a few drills to test speed, height, and agility. Afterwards the guys shot some baskets and played around. The real action starts tomorrow and we'll be getting you full coverage for the practices and games. I got to interview almost all of the VT targets today, and the rest we will get tomorrow. The players we have seen so far are Raiquan Gray, Kodye Pugh, LJ Figuerora, Eric Hester, Nickeil Walker, Trevon Duval, and Ty-Shon Alexander. Markelle Fultz will be arriving tomorrow.

It was more of a relaxed first day. One of my favorite parts of the drills was when they had to test how high they could jump. With so much power and force, I was impressed with what each player brought. I didn't actually realize how difficult it was to jump that high until I tried myself; I couldn't even make the lowest mark.

I loved getting to talk to the players one-on-one. I was surprised because every single one of them seemed genuinely grateful to be at the camp - very humble and eager to gain experience. I learned a few fun facts about them, such as hopeful engineers, shoe-lovers, music-players, and more! All of those interesting facts and basketball/recruiting talk will be uploaded soon!

More towards the end of today, some of the players, including Raiquan Gray and Nickeil Walker, were basically having a "dunk-off." It was just a friendly way of messing around and trying out some stylish, yet difficult, dunks and shots. It was entertaining and amazing to watch these talented players test their skills with attempts at pro-style basketball shots.

I am looking forward to day 2 tomorrow, stay tuned and we'll keep you updated! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.