ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: VT & A JUCO OL***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I spoke earlier with Mississippi Delta CC three star OT Demetri Moore. He received an offer from new coach Justin Fuente and the Hokies last week.

Moore, originally from Cincinnati, is basically down to three schools: VT, Cincy and Southern Miss. He's already taken official visits to the last two, as well as Georgia. But since the coaching change there, with Kirby Smart taking over, Moore said he hasn't heard anything. So he's basically cut them out.

New Hokies OL coach Vance Vice actually made the offer and also offered when he was at Memphis. Moore is actually officially visiting VT this weekend as his final day of class is on Wednesday. He'll graduate this month and enroll at the school he commits to in January.

It sounds like VT is on top right now and barring something going wrong this weekend, the odds are very, very high he'll commit either on the visit or shortly after. Moore told me he feels like he has "a good vibe" with Vice and Fuente from when they were at Memphis. The three things he said he's looking for on his visit are living arrangements, connectivity of coaches and players and his major, which is graphic design.

Moore told me he's torn between the city life and the country life. Obviously, Blacksburg is somewhere kinda in between, especially what he's been used to in rural Mississippi. We'll see how it goes this weekend, but Moore could be the first big get of the Fuente era. That is, not counting the re-commitment of Phil Patterson.

Reactions: jwake
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.