ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Yetur Matos***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, our Clemson site came out with a story today, but this morning, I spoke with Chancellor (Va.) 2017 four-star DE Yetur Matos and his dad, Robert Matos. I'll be mentioning more in the story, but Yetur's dad coaches him in basketball and has since he was young. Yetur is No. 237 in the Rivals250.

Robert told me that Yetur currently has 15 offers. But the three that Robert said they've been to more than once are VT, Penn State and Clemson. Robert said, "They're at the top of the list." They just visited Clemson over the weekend, which was the first time the Matos' had seen a game there. They had been for junior day and camp and the Tigers were the first to offer earlier this spring.

Yetur had a lot to say about Clemson. He loved the atmosphere and said the gameday was better than anywhere else he'd been. "Clemson for me, it’s always been somewhere I’ve wanted to go to play football since the junior day I was there," Yetur said. So the Tigers are looking right now like the favorite.

I do think based on talking to him and his dad, that VT is close, but still right behind Clemson. They visited for the Ohio State game last month and Yetur said he liked how intense everything was and "That gameday atmosphere was similar to the one I felt at Clemson." Yetur also said the Hokies are "in a good place with me" because of how he felt like he was treated and how his family was treated. VT would have been second to offer, as Matos participated in the Hokies' camp in June. But UVA heard he was at the camp and called his dad during the camp to say he had an offer. I was talking with Robert when UVA called.

Strangely, though, Matos hasn't talked a ton with defensive coordinator Bud Foster. Yetur said they talk over social media and over the phone here and there, but that "I’m trying to make my way back down there to see him in person, so we can talk more and build a relationship."

This coming weekend is the only one the Matos' won't be traveling anywhere. the next four weekends, they'll visit and take in games at NC State, UNC, Duke and Penn State. It sounds like the next time Yetur would be at VT would be for junior day after the first of the year. But certainly one to keep an eye on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.