ADVERTISEMENT

It's done. The next HC at VT is Chad Morris.

The deal is done. Contract in the works. Yes, Bud Foster is staying put as DC.

How often am I wrong on these matters? Very, very seldom. The announcement will come after the UVA game. If we make a bowl, Coach Beamer coaches it with Morris in attendance and reporting for duty after the Bowl Game.

this will be uncomfortable for both

• Coached Clemson’s young offense to over 400 yards per game in 2014 before accepting the head-coaching position at Southern Methodist in December 2014.

• Clemson had a 41-11 overall record and 27-6 record against ACC teams in his four seasons in Tigertown.

• Named 2013 AFCA National Assistant Coach-of-the-Year and one of five finalists for national offensive coordinator-of-the-year by 247Sports.com.

• Clemson’s 2013 offense averaged 507.7 yards per game and 40.2 points per game.

• Coached Tajh Boyd to nearly every school record for a quarterback and the ACC record for both career touchdown responsibility (133) and career passing touchdowns (107). Boyd was also a three-time All-ACC selection.

• Coached first-team All-America wide receiver and Biletnikoff Award finalist Sammy Watkins to a school-record 101 receptions for a school-record 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2013.

• Directed Clemson’s offense to record heights in 2012. The team set school records for total offense per game (512.7) and points per game (41.0). Clemson was sixth in the nation in scoring and ninth in the nation in total offense.

• Boyd, who was a first-team All-American in 2012, was fifth in the nation in passing efficiency (165.6) and accounted for 46 touchdowns (10 rushing, 36 passing). Boyd was also named ACC Player-of-the-Year in 2012.

• Running back Andre Ellington and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins both totaled 1,000 yards at their respective positions in 2012. Hopkins was a second-team All-American and center Dalton Freeman was a first-team All-American as well.

• A big reason Clemson won the 2011 ACC title for the first time in 20 years. Clemson also won 10 games for the first time in 21 years and defeated a record four top-25 teams.

• National offensive coordinator-of-the-year by Rivals.com in 2011.

• Clemson and Baylor were the only FBS schools with a 3,000-yard passer, 1,000-yard rusher and 1,000-yard receiver every year from 2011-13.

• Served as offensive coordinator and associate head coach at Tulsa in 2010 and guided the offense to among the nation’s best. That offense was a big reason Tulsa improved from 5-7 in 2009 to 10-3 in 2010.

• Tulsa averaged 41.4 points per game, eighth-most in the nation, and scored at least 28 points in 12 of its 13 games. Tulsa was fifth nationally in first downs (25.6) and tied for fifth in touchdowns scored from the red zone (46). His offense scored 64 touchdowns on scrimmage plays (32 rushing, 32 passing). The team totaled 1,006 plays (537 rushes, 469 passes) in 2010.

• Won 82 percent of his games as a high school coach in Texas. He led Lake Travis High School to back-to-back, undefeated (16-0) state championship seasons. He won three state titles overall and played in six state championship games in his high school coaching career.

• In 16 years as a head coach in high school, he had a 169-38 record (.816). He earned coach-of-the-year honors in 11 of those 16 years.

• His 2008 team was ranked No. 2 in the nation by USA Today and No. 8 by Rivals.com, while his 2009 team was ranked No. 2 by Rivals.com and No. 9 by USA Today.

• Coached Clemson’s young offense to over 400 yards per game in 2014 before accepting the head-coaching position at Southern Methodist in December 2014.

• Clemson had a 41-11 overall record and 27-6 record against ACC teams in his four seasons in Tigertown.

• Named 2013 AFCA National Assistant Coach-of-the-Year and one of five finalists for national offensive coordinator-of-the-year by 247Sports.com.

• Clemson’s 2013 offense averaged 507.7 yards per game and 40.2 points per game.

• Coached Tajh Boyd to nearly every school record for a quarterback and the ACC record for both career touchdown responsibility (133) and career passing touchdowns (107). Boyd was also a three-time All-ACC selection.

• Coached first-team All-America wide receiver and Biletnikoff Award finalist Sammy Watkins to a school-record 101 receptions for a school-record 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2013.

• Directed Clemson’s offense to record heights in 2012. The team set school records for total offense per game (512.7) and points per game (41.0). Clemson was sixth in the nation in scoring and ninth in the nation in total offense.

• Boyd, who was a first-team All-American in 2012, was fifth in the nation in passing efficiency (165.6) and accounted for 46 touchdowns (10 rushing, 36 passing). Boyd was also named ACC Player-of-the-Year in 2012.

• Running back Andre Ellington and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins both totaled 1,000 yards at their respective positions in 2012. Hopkins was a second-team All-American and center Dalton Freeman was a first-team All-American as well.

• A big reason Clemson won the 2011 ACC title for the first time in 20 years. Clemson also won 10 games for the first time in 21 years and defeated a record four top-25 teams.

• National offensive coordinator-of-the-year by Rivals.com in 2011.

• Clemson and Baylor were the only FBS schools with a 3,000-yard passer, 1,000-yard rusher and 1,000-yard receiver every year from 2011-13.

• Served as offensive coordinator and associate head coach at Tulsa in 2010 and guided the offense to among the nation’s best. That offense was a big reason Tulsa improved from 5-7 in 2009 to 10-3 in 2010.

• Tulsa averaged 41.4 points per game, eighth-most in the nation, and scored at least 28 points in 12 of its 13 games. Tulsa was fifth nationally in first downs (25.6) and tied for fifth in touchdowns scored from the red zone (46). His offense scored 64 touchdowns on scrimmage plays (32 rushing, 32 passing). The team totaled 1,006 plays (537 rushes, 469 passes) in 2010.

• Won 82 percent of his games as a high school coach in Texas. He led Lake Travis High School to back-to-back, undefeated (16-0) state championship seasons. He won three state titles overall and played in six state championship games in his high school coaching career.

• In 16 years as a head coach in high school, he had a 169-38 record (.816). He earned coach-of-the-year honors in 11 of those 16 years.

• His 2008 team was ranked No. 2 in the nation by USA Today and No. 8 by Rivals.com, while his 2009 team was ranked No. 2 by Rivals.com and No. 9 by USA Today.

I don't think anyone is against him. He's money. But he ain't hired yet. I'd much rather have Morris than RichRod, and probably more than Fuente tbh.

With coaches like Morris and Herman you're always going to have to keep an eye on other schools to see how they're doing for fear that one of them might jump should another job come open. You wouldn't have that problem with a Fuente. Virginia Tech would be a destination job for him. It's a stepping stone for the former two.

I don't think anyone is against him. He's money. But he ain't hired yet. I'd much rather have Morris than RichRod, and probably more than Fuente tbh.
Right on. When Texas, USC, or Alabama comes calling he won't let them in the door.

RR is like Lane Kiffin...a first class dirt bag. Neither of them are Hokie worthy.

Cody Grimm was a no star 5'11" 200 pound linebacker that became an All American and started as a rookie in the NFL. Sam is a freakish football player that in hindsight, any team in the nation would love to have. Both Cody and Sam were/are off the charts in football IQ and football instincts. Additionally, Ford, McMillian, and Hodges, are pretty solid on the offensive side as well.

Cody was off-the-charts instinctive, and it was easy to underestimate his athleticism.
I'm also certain he had a crystal ball that told him where every play was going.

Cody was off-the-charts instinctive, and it was easy to underestimate his athleticism.
I'm also certain he had a crystal ball that told him where every play was going.
Agree 100%. Sam is the offensive Cody Grimm. He just instinctively does the right thing and goes the right way.

With coaches like Morris and Herman you're always going to have to keep an eye on other schools to see how they're doing for fear that one of them might jump should another job come open. You wouldn't have that problem with a Fuente. Virginia Tech would be a destination job for him. It's a stepping stone for the former two.

Fair enough, but I think Morris would improve our football team without doubt imo. I don't have that feeling about Fuente. It's possible, but it's also possible he's in a really good position with a super qb running the show and making him look really great. I'll be happy as hell with either one though, just to get a fresh start. Being a part of history involved in that Bristol game should be a big selling point.

Fair enough, but I think Morris would improve our football team without doubt imo. I don't have that feeling about Fuente. It's possible, but it's also possible he's in a really good position with a super qb running the show and making him look really great. I'll be happy as hell with either one though, just to get a fresh start. Being a part of history involved in that Bristol game should be a big selling point.

Every great player interested in the world's largest stage should find Bristol intriguing, at the least.

I have a feeling Morris would improve the offense but just about any coach worth a salt could do that. Judging by his first year at SMU we'd better hope he hires a damn good DC should he get the job. Granted, Morris walked into a dumpster fire there and SMU has been a shambles in football since they got the death penalty but his record hasn't shown me that he's capable of being a HC at a major college program. He'd be a great OC in Blacksburg but as a head coach he would be a crap shoot and, as I said before, even if he's successful he's always going to be glancing at what's going on in his native state of Texas.

Can someone explain to me how Mike London makes more $$$$$$$ than Frank Beamer ?

I guess street agents in 757 area are well paid also.

Can someone explain to me how Mike London makes more $$$$$$$ than Frank Beamer ?

I guess street agents in 757 area are well paid also.
UVA can afford to pay big bucks......I don't blame London for taking the money but the AD obviously didn't make a great decision and that's why we have been stuck with him because the buyout is so high. I do think this is it for him, at least I hope so.

Without being a contract lawyer, I believe I've read before that a bunch of the stuff Beamer gets out of the deal is not salary. When you add benefits and assorted package stuff into the equation, it makes a lot more sense.

Stiney is gone. No way, simply not possible that any new coach, other than Shane, would even consider keeping this incompetent fool on the staff.

The deal is done. Contract in the works. Yes, Bud Foster is staying put as DC.

How often am I wrong on these matters? Very, very seldom. The announcement will come after the UVA game. If we make a bowl, Coach Beamer coaches it with Morris in attendance and reporting for duty after the Bowl Game.

I know many people who know some people. This info by the way........it is from one of the BOV members who is a close and longtime family friend.

Remember what I wrote. Cut, save, paste this post. The next HC at VT is Chad Morris and Lefty is gone, and God forbid.....I hate it, but it looks like Stiney will survive again. He will be retained.
Looks like you might be wrong. Fuente probably will be the next HC

When one of your best players on offense is a slow, short, no star fullback playing in a spread attack, you might have some problems that need to be addressed.

Pshaw, Sam is a heckuva FB player and person, glad he's a Hokie!

Herman already turned down Miami, Mizzou and SCar.
Herman is reportedly staying put at Houston with one eye leering towards Austin should the Texas job come open. Kirby Smart is reportedly the leading contender at USCe with Fuente being the next man in Blacksburg. We shall see what we shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT