ADVERTISEMENT

It's time for a change......

Hokiepoke

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2003
Greenville, SC
It's been obvious for a couple a years now that Fuente cannot coach at the highest level nor can he recruit mid-level instate talent much less the top talent. The losses to programs such as Liberty and ODU's of the world are simply not acceptable. It's time for Fuente to go. I hope the AD makes the change soon and focuses on getting the next HC.

Last edited:
I think it's bad that he can't recruit the Tidewater. UNC, Clemson, Penn State seem to now be in control of recruiting in the Tide...Let's hope the next coach will make the Tidewater a priority...I hate to see y'all drop this far as my Gamecocks are a bottom feeder as well....Muschamp MUST go!!!!

I think it's bad that he can't recruit the Tidewater. UNC, Clemson, Penn State seem to now be in control of recruiting in the Tide...Let's hope the next coach will make the Tidewater a priority...I hate to see y'all drop this far as my Gamecocks are a bottom feeder as well....Muschamp MUST go!!!!
I live in SC and follow Gamecocks very closely. Fuente and Muschamp are two of the most incompetent coaches in all of college football. They both should be fired immediately.

It'll be OK with me if he gets more time. He did get younger coaches in and they need time to develop relationships with the high school folks. Anyway, who wants to leave his current job and move to Blacksburg while this virus may be with us for a year or two?

Reactions: kcwashing1
I live in SC and follow Gamecocks very closely. Fuente and Muschamp are two of the most incompetent coaches in all of college football. They both should be fired immediately.
As a Gamecock fan and someone who has always pulled for VT to do well (great experiences from our annual games in the 80’s), I totally agree. We both need new coaches badly!

I'm glad we got Shane Beamer...Hopefully dad and Bud Foster will hang around Williams Brice and give some good advice....Gosh, I sure wish VT was in the SEC East..great games over the years!!!

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Fuente just seems lost, at times. The offensive play calling needs tweaking. Some games it seems as if our only play is a QB run. If we lose to UVA, there will be calls for a change.

Fuente just seems lost, at times. The offensive play calling needs tweaking. Some games it seems as if our only play is a QB run. If we lose to UVA, there will be calls for a change.
Calls have been made, and I think decision will be coming soon, or at least I am hoping that is the case.

Question for any VT fan: Is Frank Beamer still a "Special Assistant" to the VT Athletic Department?

I hope you guys straighten out your football program. Both you and South Carolina football fans deserve better than we've gotten in the past 5 years.

Question for any VT fan: Is Frank Beamer still a "Special Assistant" to the VT Athletic Department?

I hope you guys straighten out your football program. Both you and South Carolina football fans deserve better than we've gotten in the past 5 years.
Yes, to the best of my knowledge, he still is.

Sometimes I wonder just how much influence Beamer has on the program and Fu. Questionable calls from the OC, conservative play to set up FGs, inability to recognize offensive momentum, punting and leaning on the defense to win the game...this wasnt Fu at Memphis. What we got today at VT is just Beamer 2.0 minus special teams and Bud Foster defense.

ADVERTISEMENT