ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun... Wishlist.

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
Lets say SL is fired after the seaon... what are some REALISTIC options for VT?

I would like to see a whoe philosophy change... spread and score.. but Some ppl I would like to see is

1. Lincoln Riley.. Would instantly make VT a contender for some of the top QB's/WR in the area.

2. Brian Scott ODU OC.. one of the best offenses in all of College football no matter what level. Knows the state, especially the 757.

3. Marshall's OC Bill Legg.. He is an older coach far from a up and comer but has a great working system and dicipline on offense that VT has not seen in 15 years.

my reach is
Charlie Weis More of the style that Beamer likes.. He is still getting paid by ND, and Kansas./Horrible head coach but pretty damn good OC. Would be better than SL even if he is doing it for a hobby.

The most important is "philosophy change". or maybe just get a philosophy for the offense. because we have none now.

I think VT should send a message to the offense Friday by having the punter not in uniform for the first half. Tell them they have to score on every possession in first half. No 3 and outs allowed.

Originally posted by RB4:

Lets say SL is fired after the seaon... what are some REALISTIC options for VT?

I would like to see a whoe philosophy change... spread and score.. but Some ppl I would like to see is

1. Lincoln Riley.. Would instantly make VT a contender for some of the top QB's/WR in the area.

2. Brian Scott ODU OC.. one of the best offenses in all of College football no matter what level. Knows the state, especially the 757.

3. Marshall's OC Bill Legg.. He is an older coach far from a up and comer but has a great working system and dicipline on offense that VT has not seen in 15 years.

my reach is
Charlie Weis More of the style that Beamer likes.. He is still getting paid by ND, and Kansas./Horrible head coach but pretty damn good OC. Would be better than SL even if he is doing it for a hobby.
I stated earlier this year that he would be a great get for you guys. It's not just the system that an OC is running, but the ability to identify and successfully recruit the players that will excel in the system.

Lincoln Riley comes from the Hal Mumme/Mike Leach "Air raid" spread family tree. No way in hell Frank Beamer is going to let a OC put the ball in the air and take risks like that and get into a scoring foot race.

I wonder how Bud Fosters defense would pair with the triple option offense under Beamer?

My real wish would be for Beamer to retire, Bud to take over the team and coach defense and bring in Tony Franklin to run the offense.

My wish would be for Beamer to retire, Bud Foster to remain as DC, and either Jim McElwain from Colorado State or Justin Fuente from Memphis to be the next Virginia Tech head coach. If you can win at those two traditional football poor houses, you can win anywhere.

I just want a bunch of topshelf OLmen. OLmen can make all our troubles disappear.

All
of them.
Football is a simple, fundamental game. It starts at the Line Of Scrimmage.

Originally posted by fathersonhokie:
I just want a bunch of topshelf OLmen. OLmen can make all our troubles disappear.

All
of them.
Football is a simple, fundamental game. It starts at the Line Of Scrimmage.
Some coaches pray for wisdom before a game. I pray for 300 lb. tackles. They give a coach plenty of wisdom.
---Chuck Noll

I'd like a new play book. I think one could probably take the best player at each position in the nation , put all on same team, and use VT's play book and play calls, you'd still have trouble scoring touchdowns. It's simply not designed to score. It's designed to put team into a good punting situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT