ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Hamilton promoted to defensive coordinator

Glad to hear it. He's young but a VT favorite son and the players should like it.
Coming out of the lpd and clintwood he will be ok. He will make mistakes but we all need to grab the brass ring sometime. He has my support and I am glad that he was asked to step up. He paid his dues in a tough high school program and also at vt. He bleeds hokie blood thru and thru. Go hokies can't wait till this coming season.

From what I've read he's a real student of the game. And again, I like promoting from within the Hokie Nation a past player that played for Beamer and Foster.

Being 37 yrs old should help with recruiting.

Wasnt thrilled at first, but it may be for the best. I have to think with this hire that Bud wont be far away, at least for a year or two to offer up guidance and support. The new hires will be interesting, I hope we go with a youth movement to improve recruiting. Alot of names being thrown around.

I was shocked that Charley Wiles was let go as d line coach. I have always regarded him as one of best D line coaches in the nation.

I was shocked that Charley Wiles was let go as d line coach. I have always regarded him as one of best D line coaches in the nation.
I completely agree that he is a great DL coach, but he has always been a huge liability when it comes to recruiting. So, for now, I am fine with a young coach who can recruit lights out and can come along as a coach later. And if not, once he fixes the recruiting part, someone else can take over for him, but the recruiting bridge has to be rebuilt quick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT