ADVERTISEMENT

Lmao UNCHEATERS hire a new DC a proven Cheater

1bburgfan

All-American
Aug 9, 2005
Roopstigo.com by Selena Roberts described a culture of NCAA violations, criminal activity and more. Included in that crime was the arrest of four former Auburn players, including Mike McNeil, who spoke to Roberts while he awaits trial on armed robbery charges.

Three former players told Roberts that the university changed grades to keep players eligible, including former star running back Mike Dyer, during the team's national championship run

How typical

No reason to change your image Now , Cause it's The Carolina Way Baby !!!!!
This post was edited on 1/4 7:00 AM by Jackcrow

I thought he was fired for going 3-9, wow this really opened my eyes.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

Roopstigo.com by Selena Roberts described a culture of NCAA violations, criminal activity and more. Included in that crime was the arrest of four former Auburn players, including Mike McNeil, who spoke to Roberts while he awaits trial on armed robbery charges.

Three former players told Roberts that the university changed grades to keep players eligible, including former star running back Mike Dyer, during the team's national championship run
Cam Newton is all I got to say.

This hire really cracks me up! The holes are trying to build excitement for their falling program by hiring someone with name recognition. Unfortunately for them, the recognition he now has is being fired a year after winning a championship for cheating. Changing grades to keep kids eligible...paying players to come back for senior year...etc... There's a reason nobody tried to hire the guy the last 3 years. He will fit right in on cheater hill! Also, there was friction between Chizik and Malzahn because Chiz felt that Malzahn's fast pace O was hurting his defense. He wanted him to slow it down. Hmmm...wonder how that will workout with Fed Bull who likes to go WFO? Especially with UNC's already crappy defense.

Good Ole UNC alum Bob Lee Swagger chimes in...

Gene Chizik would bring more "baggage" than Kim Kardashian needs for a long week-end in Cabo.[/B]

Before there was "a Jameis" making headlines in Tally there was "a Cam" making headlines on the plains in Auburn. SUPPOSEDLY "somebody" slipped Cam's daddy a big roll o' Benjamins to come to Jordan-Hare. If that "somebody" was not UNC's Latest Possible Hire, it was someone in his inner circle. ...... There was a whole lot of other recruiting and eligibility flim flaming going on under Chizik's Watch at Auburn. A Whole Lot!!! Gene, like every Big Time Coach, "didn't know nuthin' 'bout nuthin". Those Sgt Schultz helmets are de riguer for every Big Time Head Coach these days.

Does Gene Chizik's application for the UNC gig list John Blake[/B] as a character reference?

Hellfire. Chizik hired Trooper Tyler[/B] as "his John Blake". Trooper Tyler was so dirty his nickname was "Pigpen".

Anyone who seriously believes Little Carol From Dartmouth has ever heard of Gene Chizik, John Blake, Trooper Tyler or Cam Newton's daddy probably believes Ken Wainstein's firm takes Pro Bono cases.

Welcome to Chapel Hill Gene Chizik Maybe. as Silent Sam shakes his head and mutters Are you people NUTZ?
[/I]
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/4 5:44 PM by PACKed House

PACKed House. Is the NCAA still at unCheat ? I haven't seen any reports of their investigation lately. Is Dan Kane still bring the heat, with some more Reports. Like you, I have followed this Cheating Scandal for over five years and You would think the NCAA would have put a end to their Way of Cheating...

Jack - The NCAA is still in Chapel Hill. The Wainsten report, which UNC originally touted as being the final chapter in the "review", is now being challenged because they didn't get what they paid for...a whitewash. Apparently Wainsten found a lot more dirt than UNC told him was under the carpet. He delivered a semi-white washed report like he was paid to do, but he wasn't going to ruin his professional reputation like Gov Martin did after his "review". Wainstein put out the report, but then he also put out mounds of supplemental info (emails, etc..) that showed large scale corruption across many other departments involving many high level personnel. Emails clearly show that the faculty chair, who was also head of the Center for Ethics, not only was telling the AFAM folks what grades the female BBall players had to have to remain eligible, but she also "taught" over a hundred of her own fake classes. She is fighting her termination so this could get interesting.

Boxill used her role as the academic counselor for the women's basketball team to further perpetuate the paper class scheme. Emails showed that Boxill would suggest the grades that should be given to her players to Crowder and wrote parts of academic papers for her players, according to the supplementary documents provided with the Wainstein report.

Between 1999 and 2009, there were 114 women's basketball players enrolled in paper classes and the players were encouraged to take these classes by Boxill. Wainstein said Boxill was fully aware of how the classes were conducted, including Crowder's role.

According to documents obtained by The Daily Tar Heel, Boxill also offered an irregular amount of independent studies herself as a lecturer in the philosophy department.

A Daily Tar Heel investigation revealed that Boxill offered 160 independent studies between 2004 and 2014, and supplementary emails of the Wainstein report show players were encouraged to take her classes.

In an email to Crowder in 2006, former football counselor Cynthia Reynolds discussed placing her players in Boxill's class.

"Nice call on the Phil 30 (Boxill) correspondence course last semester," the email said. "Didn't know Jan was doing those."

Pending UNC Scandal Events:

1) The Willingham/Smith book is due out just in time for the Duke/UNC game (or shortly thereafter) in March. You can bet that more will be revealed then... and during the hype of March Madness.

2) The Willingham court case vs UNC

3) SACS vs UNC (latest response by UNC due on January 12)

4) Player class action suit vs UNC?

5) UNC vs Wainstein report?

6) Boxill vs UNC? She's fighting her firing.

7) DOE vs UNC (Pell Grant fraud investigation)

8) NCAA vs UNC pending

9) Congress vs NCAA & UNC

Wasnt Loeffler the OC at Auburn under Chizik? Besides, ya'll should know by now that the NCAA isnt going to do a thing to UNC. Too much money and reputations involved to truely administer justice as it should be.

Excellent article by UNC professor...

And we are now witnessing the ritual sacrifice of the scapegoats-including one leader whose work was facilitated, rewarded, encouraged, and protected by all of the University's leaders from 1988 until recent weeks. But to date we see no evidence that the University is ready to cease the feel-good mythologizing that has always helped to insulate the athletic department from scrutiny and criticism on our campus. On the contrary, the ID'ing of individuals whose supposedly exceptional corruption lay behind all our problems, and the insistence that faulty "procedures" have been all but fixed, suggests a desire to return to business as usual as quickly as possible. The Wainstein report should have been the machete that cleared the path to a new way of doing business at UNC-Chapel Hill. Instead, leaders apparently intend to use it as a decoy to distract attention from the structural deformities they plan to leave untouched.

Link

UNC is a very sick place. The NCAA is very weak and I still predict that the power 5 will cut ties with them within 24 months. At the rate they are regressing on the UNC problems they may be spared a decision before the split.

Another good article from another UNC professor...

If the rules of college sports require athletes to be academically eligible, isn't it cheating to permit non-eligible students to play? Unlike so many other aspects of life, in sports, the rules are explicit and the outcomes are clear - there are victories and there are defeats. UNC violated explicit rules on eligibility. Indeed, the fundamental characteristic of college sports is that they are played by students. If these games were played by ineligible athletes, then any wins must become losses, no different than if the teams had not shown up to play.

Link

Figured I would post this while the Cheats are still working to hide Chizik's past.

An offensive pick for a defensive coach at UNC By Curt Fields

football.jpg

Illustration by Chris Williams

Write to the editor

Will UNC never learn? read the subject line of the email. Indignation wafting from the computer, the following question loomed in my inbox:

Gene Chizik is to become a coach for the football team? The guy who recruited Cam Newton and arranged to have him (his father, actually) to play for Auburn? No!!!

This response to the news that UNC plans to hire Gene Chizik as its defensive coordinator reminded me of a 2008 scene at the Auburn airport. As Chizik and the Auburn athletic director arrived, a heckler bellowed: "We want a leader, not a loser!"

The scene was replayed over and over on ESPN, local news shows and YouTube-an indication of how underwhelmed Chizik's hiring left much of the Auburn faithful. Not because of any ethical qualms, but because he was 5-19 at Iowa State as a head coach.

The question now, though, does include some concerns about behavior, not just wins and losses. Based on the news of academic fraud that has come out of Chapel Hill over the past couple of years, it would seem that UNC has answered which matters more.

There may be some hesitation, though. While various media outlets have reported that Chizik will become the new defensive coordinator, he has not yet officially been hired and announced as such. More recent reports say that UNC is still vetting his record and investigating his background.

First, a quick explanation: Auburn plays in the SEC, where football is king, and is the cross-state rival of the University of Alabama. Their rivalry was once declared "the most venomous" in the nation by a TV pundit.

There is nothing in that state, my home state, more important than college football. Take what this area considers passion for basketball and multiply it a hundredfold. You scoff, but have any Duke or State fans killed 130-year-old oak trees because they were upset over a loss? Sorority girls in Tuscaloosa the annual spring game, aka a meaningless scrimmage, draws 85,000, about 22,000 people more than Kenan Memorial Stadium-the largest of the Triangle's football stadiums-can hold.

So yeah, it's that serious, which is why Chizik went from meh to messiah for Auburn fans. In his second year, he led the Tigers to the national championship.

But during that championship run, questions arose outside of the fan base. The first controversy swirled around possible improprieties in the recruitment of Auburn's quarterback, future Carolina Panther Cam Newton.

Cam's father, Cecil, allegedly had asked Mississippi State through an intermediary-ex-Mississippi State player Kenny Rogers-for $120,000 to $180,000 for Cam to sign with them out of junior college. (Seems reasonable-have you been to Starkville, Mississippi?)

But Cam went to Auburn, so, naturally, the assumption was that Auburn had outbid the Bulldogs. Danny Sheridan, a nationally known sports handicapper, claimed vociferously that he knew the identity of "the bagman" Auburn allegedly used to pay the older Newton $200,000 plus another $30,000 to his Georgia church.

Sheridan claimed to have passed a lie detector test but never released the name because, he said, he feared being sued. The NCAA publicly rebuked him for "unsubstantiated claims."

Chizik kept the team on track through the constant media drip drip drip of rumors, news and pseudo-news. Auburn eventually suspended Newton because of the matter during the week before the SEC Championship game, but reinstated him a day later after the NCAA cleared him of wrong-doing and declared him eligible to play. (Auburn's defense was that Cam had no idea what his dad and Rogers were asking Mississippi State, and that there was no evidence any other school had been asked for money. Emphasis mine.)Auburn fans answered all the criticism publicly with "The NCAA cleared him" and privately with "We got a bargain if we got him for only $200,000." Because, in the SEC, if you're not cheating, you're Vanderbilt.

Then, unfortunately for Chizik, Cam went to the pros, offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn left for a head coaching position and Auburn fell from national champion to a record of 8-5 followed by 3-9.

You post records like that and suddenly people take notice of your "out of control" program. They ask why you have to hire a private firm to run curfew checks on your players, as Chizik did. Four members of the 2010 championship team getting arrested for robbery in March 2011 is considered a black eye for the program instead of a few individuals making bad choices. Players being arrested for public intoxication become a symptom of a lack of discipline instead of college kids being college kids. And every serious Southern football fan knows that lack of discipline leads to stupid penalties which leads to losses and, well, we can't have that.

There were also NCAA investigations of the recruitment of Memphis running back Jovon Robinson (a high school guidance counselor had created a fake transcript) and allegations by four former players that they had been paid thousands during their careers. There was no wrong-doing found on the part of Chizik or Auburn in either case.

So Chizik ends up fired and working for ESPN as a surprisingly decent studio analyst. (Surprising because during his tenure at Auburn it seemed as if he never said anything beyond "We're just going to do what we do and not worry about things we don't have any control over.")

Of course, it was the 3-9 season and humiliations by Georgia and Alabama that got him fired from Auburn, not the NCAA investigators racking up loyalty rewards at local hotels or any off-the-field player incidents. According to a New York Times report, at the University of Florida there were at least 31 arrests of Gator football players while Urban Meyer coached the team from 2005-2010. But Gator fans were sad when he left and angry when he took over at Ohio State. And, of course, Florida State this year had its share of "dirty program" accusations centering on allegations the local police department gave players a break when trouble arose, the most famous instance being the sexual assault case involving Jameis Winston. (If only I knew how to punt, I might have paid FSU a few hundred dollars less in campus parking fines.) If Chizik had won like that, he'd still be wearing orange and blue.

When it comes to big-time college football, what matters most is the won-loss record (we won't get into big-time college basketball and getting top recruits from AAU programs because, in these parts, that would take me from preachin' to meddlin').

If the Tar Heels go through with the hiring, the good news would be that Gene Chizik is an excellent defensive coordinator. The bad news is that he would probably fit right in at UNC.

Nothing NEW for uncCHEATS , just a new day for them . It's The Carolina Way Babe !!

Originally posted by PACKed House:
Jack...Go to Google Maps and in the search type... Cheats, North Carolina
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Damn I never knew google maps was so pinpoint accurate!!
roll.r191677.gif

I saw Charles Barkley making fun of UNCheat last night....LOL.....looks like the whole country knows they are a joke except the DA's that keep defending the crap school.

UNC is the most classic case of Denial I have ever seen from a college who has been caught cheating. The more they show denial the worse it gets...... Need to get this over with and go on about their lives. They should go to the NCAA and ask them to get off their asses and make decisions regarding them, just to end it one way or the other.

UNC is so full of it. Crowder is a die hard hole through and through. It wasn't that she and the professor didn't cooperate. They did exactly what they were told to do by Folt. A 5 year old could see through this. They kill me talking about Mike Hughes on their blitz forum. They feed their members all these lies. Mike Hughes struggled to pass his grades at New Bern and then in the end has a really high ACT score. This is why he is not enrolled and he has to take this ACT again to prove he did it himself the first time. Why lie or hide the truth? Had he signed with State he would still have to retake it from my understanding of it.

When the father of UNC's long time academic advisor and tutor for Dean Smith's teams died, Deborah Crowder received $100,000 and some Hummel figurines to "take care of his dogs". Yeah...nothing to see here.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Jackcrow:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/20/4490775_unc-disputes-not-being-diligent.html?rh=1 The Latest , plus they Hired another Law Firm , I guess looking for a Class Action Suit to be heading their way. This Law Firm is a Big Firm that cost close to $990, a hour. that tell you that unCheat is got More problems...watch the Head lines in the Next Few Weeks....

This post was edited on 1/22 1:35 PM by Jackcrow

CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT was SERVERED TODAY...Now unCHEAT and NCAA Feel free to answer some questions...

Ruh Roh Shaggy...

per Sara Ganim - Correspondent for CNN Investigations

Michael Hausfeld, the O'Bannon lawyer, just filed a mammoth 100-page lawsuit against the NCAA and UNC.

Originally posted by PACKed House:
Ruh Roh Shaggy...

per Sara Ganim - Correspondent for CNN Investigations

Michael Hausfeld, the O'Bannon lawyer, just filed a mammoth 100-page lawsuit against the NCAA and UNC.

That gonna get ugly

They need to be thrown out of the ACC. Those riff raff bastards are ruining our reputation in North America. Lets get rid of them and bring in ECU.

Originally posted by leeanderthal:
They need to be thrown out of the ACC. Those riff raff bastards are ruining our reputation in North America. Lets get rid of them and bring in ECU.
WVU would have been a good addition to the ACC, but UNC was a big no on them because of academic concerns. Haaaa

Originally posted by VTSmitty:
Originally posted by leeanderthal:
WVU would have been a good addition to the ACC, but UNC was a big no on them because of academic concerns. Haaaa
They would and VT voted for them the last time they got turned down. WVU does have lax requirements compared to others but they let UL in. UL has the money.
Did I tell you that I got my masters degree from UNC? Just came in the mail.

Smith and Willingham are putting out blurbs before the release of their book next month...

Reason #2 Waiting for banner removal

The waiting game has become an embarrassing spectacle. Evidence of the unfair competitive advantages enjoyed by unc sports teams has been mounting since 2012; the Wainstein report turned a growing snowball into an avalanche. Yet the University cravenly clings to the hope that the NCAA, now conducting its own follow-up inquiry, will fail to adduce the evidence it needs to strip unc of the championships earned during the fraud years. An honorable University, one that had genuinely changed its ways and had become determined to restore its reputation for fair play and respect for the rules, would move preemptively to take down banners, vacate wins, and apologize to the world for living the life of an institutional cheat. A University where professors and academic officers were truly in charge would not hesitate to take these actions; a University where athletics and athletics boosters remain in control chooses instead to find even the slenderest justification to retain hardware and signage that was earned dishonestly. Cheaters do not get to "move forward" until they have asked for and received the forgiveness of those who were disadvantaged by the violation of the rules of fair play. unc has yet to learn this lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT